Oral Maxillofacial & Pathology is a deemed branch of dentistry which unveils the clinical differential diagnosis being part of the triple O team-Oral medicine, Oral surgery, Oral pathology.
This branch is specialized with various sections like histopathology, cytopathology, molecular and genetic profiling, laboratory advances, and cell biology. Novel research in these fields continue to identify, characterize and classify disorders of the oral cavity, and head and neck pathology.
Our department offers UG and PG courses and has been the backbone of all dental departments and private clinics with well-equipped laboratory in providing the much needed information in diagnosing premalignant and malignant and other lesson of head & neck region.
- Microscopic evaluation of Biopsy Specimen (Hematoxylin & Eosin) – soft tissue and hard tissue, cytological smears of exfoliative cytology and FNACs (Papanicolaou).
- Routine hematological investigations like Bleeding Time, Clotting Time, Hemoglobin, Random Blood Sugar, Total Leukocyte Count, Differential Leukocyte Count, HIV TRIDOT, HBS Aghepacard Strip Test and Platelet Rich Fibrin procedures.
- Research studies focusing on premalignant and malignant neoplasms.
- Research studies on Forensic Odontology.
- An eye catching museum- archieving biopsy specimen of soft tissue and hard tissue pathologies.
- Our department is well equipped with the most advanced diagnostic equipments like Pentahead Microscope, Stereomicroscope, Research Microscope with Fluorescence, Phase Contrast, Dark Field, Digital Camera Attachments and Image Analysis Software which help the Post graduates from all the departments to avail these facilities for research work.
- We also carry out 12 Histochemical special stains- Feulgen, Methyl Green Pyronin, AGNOR, Toludine Blue, Crystal Violet, Acridine Orange, Congo Red, Carbol Chromatophore, Periodic Acid Schiff’s, Masson’s Trichrome, Van Gieson, Verhoff’s Stain- as a substantial aid for diagnosis of all oral pathologies.